Match 1
Division: Mudansha
Result: Win
It's my first match ever in a kendo tournament against somebody named DeMaster. Neither of us scored a single point so we went to death match. However, neither of us scored in the death match either so the judge the declared that I won by Hantei.
Match 2
Division: Mudansha
Result: Lose
It was up against Hao from Case Western Reserve and the score was 0-1. I lost a men to this guy. This is how far I got in the mudansha category.
Match 3
Division: Team
Result: Tie (Team: Win)
I am the 3rd member of UW team C and we were up against Syracuse A. I think I was up against a guy named Pineda, an 2kyu. He was quite tall and he is also testing for Ikkyu on the next day. The match end with a tie with no score. Also, the funniest thing for this match is, both team were tied with 2 wins, 2 lost and a tie and coincidentally enough, our total scores are the same. The match was then decided by a ippon shobu which was won by taisho, Eliah.
Match 4
Division: Team
Result: Tie (Team: Lose)
We were up against CWR B and I fought yet another tall dude but with a weird curly hair. We ended up in a tie. I lost a men and managed to hit his kote right before the match ends. We lost the whole match with 2 lost and 3 ties.
So that's about to sum up the tournament. Our contingent brought back 3 medals from the tournament, silver and bronze from shodan/nidan division and silver from mudansha division. Also, all 4 of us who are testing for Ikkyu passed on Sunday. I was a great experience going to Cleveland.
meet your new ikkyu kendoka!
i hope i can continuously improve myself.

No comments:
Post a Comment