This is what I have been working on for the past 2 weeks.
It is called the Kingdom Key, a keyblade. A keyblade is a weapon from the video game Kingdom Hearts. As you may or may not know, I am a big fan of the Kingdom Hearts series. So to give you the gest ofwhat Kingdom Hearts is all about, here is a short summary:
The Kingdom Hearts is a story about a boy who believes that there are other worlds out there other than his own and made a promise to two of his best friends to travel and venture these worlds together. Thus, they built a raft together and prepared to set sail. Before their journey could even started, a particularly weird storm brewed over their island the night before their departure and caused a series of unnatural phenomenon including the appearance of the Heartless and an unknown hooded character who constantly warned Sora about the chosen one who has the power to wield the key. In end, all three of them were separated and sucked into vortexes which brought them to foreign worlds. That was when their journey started.
The protagonist of this story is Sora, who was the chosen one, chosen to wield the keyblade. He started his journey to find two of his best friends, Kairi and Riku. Unbeknown to Sora, a menacing force called the Heartless was unleashed across several worlds by a rogue scientist named Ansem. Along his journey to find his lost friends, he met new friends across the worlds which ranges from different Disney's character such as Micky Mouse, Tarzan, Mulan, Hercules and Ariel to Final Fantasy's characters such as Cloud, Squall, and Tidus. He slowly learn of Ansem's evil plan as well as the hidden power that resides within him. Teamed up with two of his new close friends, Donald Duck and Goofy, he put aside his goal to find Kairi and Riku and help protect the world from the force of the Heartless.
That pretty much sums up the story behind the video game. Kingdom Hearts to me is like the greatest childhood bed time story. It is filled with wonders and excitement. It pretty much defines my childhood. I grew up with it.
Anyhow, I started this project about 2 month ago. It began the night I discovered Google Sketchup. It was pure magic. If you don't know what Google Sketchup is, you only need to know two things about it: 1) it is a CAD software and 2) it is awesome. It is by far the awesomest CAD software I ever used. I loved it the first time I tried using it. I used a two CAD softwares before and in comparison to those two, Sketchup is great because of one thing, it is super light. I mean SUPER light. It launches and shuts faster than my Google Chrome. That what makes it so great. Anytime I have an idea, even a small one, I could just turn that baby on and start sketching. I don't have to wait for it to launch and shut after I am done. It's just like reaching your notebook whenever you want to take a note. It is pure awesomeness.
Anyways, I spent a couple of days learning the basics. After I was well-acquainted with it, I thought to myself: "I ought to build something cool with this software." and what do you know, the first thing that popped into my head was a keyblade. So, I started sketching and designing since. I only started the actual construction 2 weeks ago after the finals was over.
So after weeks of planning, designing and building, I came this far. The next step would be applying the finishes. I haven't really thought it through yet in the term of what kind of finishes should I use on this model. So now the project is on hold for awhile until I figure out the suitable finishes for this paper model.
I will update any progress later. Peace out.
Syazwi Mazli was so happy for his keyblade project that day.

No comments:
Post a Comment