Monday, July 23, 2012
Three years of learning
Hi. This is what my 3 years worth of learning amount to. A huge pile of textbooks and notes. Well at least the tangible part of it.
Fuhh, I can't believe I already am gonna be a senior next semester. I still remember my first day as freshman year like it was yesterday. I was so excited to take the step of becoming a college student that I had trouble falling asleep. I remembered it was midnight the night before my first class. My roommates had already fast asleep for a good hour. I was so anxious that I couldn't close my eyes.
After an hour of tossing and turning, I gave up trying to fall asleep. I figure fresh air would do me good, so decided to take a walk outside. I went out, took my bike and cycle to the lake. When I got there, it was the most beautiful sight ever. The image is still fresh in my mind. It was my first time seeing the lake at night. It was, beautiful and calming. I sat there by the pier and let the night wind soothed my anxiety. I said to myself "Tomorrow I am gonna be a college student.".
At that point I still can't believe that I was already here, in the States, living the dream of study abroad. Everything was new and exciting. So many possibilities were presented before me. It was a nice moment to take everything in. This is one of many special moments that I share with Lake Mendota.
And now at this point in time, I still can't believe I've survived this far. Alhamdulilah, I am grateful for what the opportunities and blessing that He gave me. It's been almost three years since that moment. Gosh, how time flies so swiftly. This means I have one year left here. I'm gonna make every single moment counts. Bismillah.
p/s: I am so bad at selling used books. I think I only sold max of 5 books ever.
Syazwi Mazli was contemplating the past 3 years of his life while he was packing for a move that day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment