Right now is half an hour to Monday. You know what that means. I have about 24 hours left to get my photo of the week for Picture Monday on 52 plus 1 Projek.
I am pretty hung up on about this week's photo. Especially since last week's photo was a disaster.
It felt like it was half-ass. I didn't even put much effort it. It didn't even have any meaning on it. You know, something you work on is meaningful to you when know you did your best. when you know you did a great job and you get this wonderful feeling that you did a great job. Well last week didn't went that way. I felt a little crappy about it.
The way I took the picture last week, it was awful. I just came to the place, walk around a little bit, take several photos and left. I didn't even take the feel of the place. I didn't even try to "absorb the energy in the place". You know what I mean? God I sounded like a hippie. If you are a photographer, you may get what I am trying to convey. Well, in technicality, it's something like scouting the place out. Make observation, like trying to grasp the objects, the shapes and the spaces presence and use that to compose an interesting picture. Maybe the angle, maybe the light. What are some ideas that can be incorporated into these shapes and spaces that can be inspiring? Can be intriguing? Can be curiosity inducing? Can be amusing? You know, those kind of thing.
Well guess what, I didn't do any of those. I just came walking in, snapped a couple of photos and went on my way. I guess you can call it a drive-by. Get it? Drive-by. Get it? Because you came by, shoot something and go. Just like in the movies, only with camera instead of guns. Ok, may not be the best pun. Maybe I'll settle with a shoot-and-run. *ba dum tss*
Well I guess one of the reason why I didn't do all the things I say was because I am still pretty shy with taking photograph in public. I don't like having too many strangers around when I am trying to be artistic. Some of you may know the feeling when you are trying to immerse yourself in or internalize something, it is the worst feeling ever to have strangers around. You know, because when you are being creative and experimental with ideas in your surrounding, especially in an artistic sence, you are very perceptive to your surroundings. And when there is people stranger, you can almost always assume that there is gonna be someone harboring negative judgment. A smirk. A grin. Or even a sigh. And that is not the best thing to be susceptible to.
By the way, I have this cool idea for this week's photo. *swings back to excited mode* I was thinking of photographing shadows. I have this dim light in my room that could produce an interesting lighting. But the drawback is, I don't have a specific idea what I want to photograph. It would most likely be a silhouette on a wall but I don't really know what my object is gonna be. I guess I still have 24 hours left to think about it. hurmmmmm. *putting on my green thinking hat*
Syazwi Mazli needed a bright idea that day.
why dont u snap something that near to your heart. u seems like forgetting on how to chill while snapping photo. forgot how to be u.
ReplyDeletekalau u rasa sedih cari apa2 sahaja bahan utk dicaptured. (it could be something that could explain your feeling dlm photo tu)
Yeah, it kinda does look that way. Maybe I need to chill down a little bit. Take it down a notch.
ReplyDeleteTapi lately memang susah la nak get inspired when taking pictures. I dont know why. And it kinda bugs me.
Btw, hi stranger. :)