Friday, April 23, 2010

"Into The Woods"

"Into The Woods" is a musical production of UW Theater, University of Wisconsin-Madison. It was the first musical I ever saw in my life and it was great. I mean, GREAT! I can't even begin to describe. I enjoyed it very much.


CHARACTERS:
On the ground from left to right: Cinderella's supposedly stepfather, Drizella (Cinderella's stepsister), Cinderella's stepmother, Jack (from the Jack & the Beanstalk), the Witch (from Rapunzel, who lost her magic power over her youth), Little Red Riding Hood (who is currently wearing a hood made out of the wolf's fur after the baker had helped her kill it), Rapunzel, Prince Lynn (from Rapunzel, sibling to Prince Charming, who later have an affair with Snow White) and Anastasia (Cinderella's stepsister)

On the rocks from left to right: the Baker (who was desperately wanting a child), Jack's mom, the Baker's Wife (who was barren and submit to the Witch's demand to reverse it and later had an affair with Cinderella's prince), the Pawn (of Cinderella, who assisted the Prince to look for Cinderella), the Storyteller (who.... tells the story), Prince Charming (of Cinderella, sibling to Prince Lynn, who later had an affair with Sleeping Beauty), Cinderella




This musical awed me so much that I didn't even know where to begin to describe it (this post went through several different attempts before it is finally posted). Honestly, I don't really know where to start.

This two and half hours production filled witty plots twisted around each other. The characters were very well thought through and the play was simply rich with moral values. The characters are picked out from different fairtales such as Cinderella, Snow White, Jack & the Beanstalk, Little Red Riding Hood and Rapunzel. Many virtues and life lessons were incorporated into this production.

The best part of this superb production is the script. Ah, words. If I only know who was the one written such a wonderful lines and lines of words, one after another, I would show great admiration to that pundit. The scripts are just terrific. Simply lyrical, and melodious of course, being a musical. But on top of everything, the wordplay is simply cunning. :)

The cast was incredible too. Bravo.

For anybody who have the opportunity to watch it, I would recommend you to invests a little time to go and see this play. One simple reason is that this play makes you laugh. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment