Monday, April 05, 2010

Tribute: Stéfan and his Stormstroopers 365


Today, April 5th, mark the end of Stormstroopers 365 series. Stormstroopers 365 is a 365 photography project made success by a French dude named Stefan. This 365 photography project was based on the Star Wars movie sequels staring two mischievous Stormstroopers, TK479 and TK455, fighting day-to-day obstacle on completing the mission to find the-droid-they-are-looking-for. It is an amusing journey. This project had been a varial sensation among a number of flickr users, myself included.

I have been following his work since June of last year when it was only two months in the making. And yes, I did enjoy the day-to-day dose of Stefan's Stormstroopers 365. It was hilarious and refreshing, at the same time, completely elegant -- given that it tells so much and arouse so much amusement just by a momentary picture, a caption or/and some dialogues. This work, I would say, is almost comparable to Jim Davis' daily Garfield strip -- which I never missed when I used to read the Stars back in Malaysia. Simply stunning. Stefan's work also had proven something very important to fellow photographers, professional or hobbyist. He proved that 365 photography project is indeed achievable given a certain measure of passion and patience. Bravo! Good job dude!


The last shot of Stormstroopers 365 series entitled "The End"


If you haven't seen Stefan's Stormstroopers 365, you can always start from the first day of the series here. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment