Friday, December 16, 2011

Formspring: "What is the coolest t-shirt you ever own?"


It was a simple black tee with sort of like a venn diagram on the front. The diagram wasn't labeled anything. It's just 3 circles (red, green, blue) intersecting each other with the intersecting part is the addition of the original color of the circle. The graphic was designed as if it was tagged/sprayed on with an aerosol paint, so there's a a couple line of paint dripping from the diagram. If you could picture it in your head, it is a pretty plain tee.

I bought it during freshman year, when I stepped into a Target store for the first time in my life. What I like about the tee was I wore it during my orientation week, and I had like 4 strangers randomly said "I like your t-shirt." One guy from a helpdesk, one dude and one chick passing by on the street and another during a talk. It was a pretty cool experience, and a (culturally) shocking too. I think what I learned from it is that American are pretty forward with their opinion, be it a critic or compliment. I said that because of all of these 4 individual, I never met or talked to before in my entirely. first time jumpe tiba2 je cakap t-shirt lawa. lol.

And what I don't like about this t-shirt is that, well, let me think.... nothing! hahaha. I really like this t-shirt. A lot. In case I haven't emphasize it enough.

But there's one funny story about this t-shirt. It was lost 1 month after I bought it. HAHA. Can you believe it? There's a story behind it too. But before that, let me tell you that, even today, I am still pretty pissed off about how I lost it. GRRR.

I lost it in the laundry. Apparently, someone went through my laundry basket without my knowledge and took it. . I loved the t-shirt so much that it drove me to draw a poster and put it up in the laundry room, asking the culprit nicely to return the t-shirt back to me, punishment/judgement-free. I really just want the t-shirt back. Brrr. I even draw a very detailed picture of the t-shirt, with the correct orientation of colors.

What's funny about it was when the t-shirt was stolen, he/she left a plain black tee in my basket in return. LOL. Pretty funny smartypant. I am not sure what he/she was trying to do. It could be that he/she like my t-shirt better than his/hers and decide to make a barter exchange. Or maybe he/she assume that I wouldn't notice the difference and will just went by with my life. Or maybe he/she was nice enough of a thief to make sure that I do not have on less shirt in my wardrobe. Aaaaaawh, what a kind gesture... Well I am not buying it. You took my favorite tee and I am pretty pissed about it. Also, adding insult to injury, the black tee he/she left was a V-neck. I mean, come on! Who the heck wears V-neck these days?! Let me tell you, it's either a girl or a homosexual hipster. If the thief were a girl, I would be still pretty pissed.

What's more upsetting about this whole thing is that I never had a picture of/with the t-shirt. All I have today is just this story. If I did have a picture at least I can show it to people when I'm telling this story. And I could find it online either. Brrrr.

(Sorry the ending a little bitter. I am pretty attached to the t-shirt. Have a nice day)


Syazwi Mazli shared one of his answer on formspring that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment