Saturday, December 31, 2011

Of 2011



2011 was a wonderful year. I had a lot to be grateful for.

There are a few memorable things happened in my life. Naturally, 2011 is the year I turned 20. 2011 also marked the halfway point (2 out of 4 years) of me being abroad as a foreign student. It has been quite a journey. It has its up and down. 2 years, in a land almost on the opposite side of the planet from homeland, wow. At this moment, it is hard even for me to believe that I managed to persevere that long. I seems like I only got here a couple of months ago. How time flies. This place is like a second home to me.

Regardless, this year I had the opportunity to spend 75 days in Malaysia, which I was really thankful for. I had been away from home for quite some times. I am grateful to be back. I got to meet my family, reacquainted with my relatives and caught up with some old friends. Though I tried not to be melancholic, I have to admit it felt a little nostalgic. And it's funny when you are traveling for so long, you tend to compare things now and how there were when you were last there, especially when you were last there was 2 years ago.

Another memory I wouldn't forget anytime soon would be my 4 weeks adventure in Europe. I went to Europe with a couple of friends, old and new. It was a sweet and wonderful memory that I could tell times and times again till the day I turn old and grey. I am eternally grateful for that opportunity to see so much of the world at such a young age. I am honored to be able to acquire such experience.

Well, to put it simply, 2011 was the year I was in 11 different countries within the period of 365 days (12 if you want to include 11 hours layover in Abu Dhabi)

2011 was a year full of wonderful thing. I am grateful, as always, to be alive even at this very moment. I am looking forward for another wonderful year ahead. So now, I like to welcome 2012 in to my life. Konichiwa! *greets* Let's work hard and have some fun. :)


Ok sekarang kena practice tulis tarikh dengan 2012 instead of 2011.


Syazwi Mazli looked back at the year 2011 that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment