Elf is back!
Elf just got back from the camera doctor. To commemorate Elf's return, I thought it would be great to bring him along with me to class today, with a little hope to capture something interesting.
Today was, in fact, the last day of class for Fall semester 2011. Unfortunately, I forgotten that Elf was with me all day, so, bummer, I didn't capture anything. I took this photo on the way back home from the library after a fruitful day of studying.
It was around 5pm and as you can see it was already pretty dark. It is natural for a four season country to get less sunlight during the winter, in case some of you aren't familiar with the four seasons. Mahgrib was around 4:30pm today. Oh and also, the wind was blowing pretty gnarly too. I saw the waves on Mendota was rocking violently too, as if there were storm brewing nearby. Out of curiosity, I got back home and check the wind speed at hoofersailing.org. The anemometer clocked a surprising 34 mph. In another word, 54 km/h. Woah.
While we are on the tangent of storms and winters, I like to share something I read in the local newspaper the other day. According to the paper, the great city of Madison spend around $300,000 on clean-ups every time there is a storm. That sum roughly would cover for up to 6 storms each year.
$300,000 is a huge sum of money if you ask me. First of all, it would never crossed my mind that they need such a lot of money just to clean up after a storm. Heck, honestly I never thought it would cost ANY money to clean up after a storm. I just knew that if there is snow falling down, it would be gone the next morning.
That goes show that I am a little ignorant and little unobservant of my surroundings. But alas, that is a good thing. Because now I know that there are things out there that I am not aware of and may be under-appreciated or overlooked. It is great to know that there's always somebody out there cleaning up the streets every time it snows so that I can go to school comfortably. I am grateful for that. So, shout out to cleanup crew of the city of Madison, thank you for your kind work and hope that you guys keep up the wonderful service to the community. :)
Syazwi Mazli just had his last day of class for the semester that day.
No comments:
Post a Comment