Monday, December 27, 2010

The Bus (Madison to Milwaukee)

I started off this journey riding the Badger Bus, a franchise organized my the University of Wisconsin for the connivence of the students and faculty. It travels from Memorial Union which is situated in the heart of UW-Madison campus all the way to the Milwaukee Bus Depot in downtown Milwaukee.

One thing I like about this bus is because the pick-up point is very convenient. It's in front of the union which is just a walk away from home. Apart from that, I like this ride because the number of people riding this bus is conveniently small. There's like 11 people for 40+ seats, more than enough seat for everybody. I hogged onto 2 seats on the passenger side near the middle of the bus

But not everything went smoothly for this ride. I was racing down Langdon St. when I was getting to the bus. This is because I stepped out of the house at 5:07pm when my bus was schedule to depart at 5:20pm! Ha hah! Rookie mistake. When I was running in sight of the bus, the only thing I could think of is imagining the worse possible scenario. What if I couldn't get on to that bus? There wouldn't be a journey for me. I'll be missing out on everything in stored in the journey for me.

I must admit, my journey took off in a bumpy start. Nevertheless, I was grateful to get on this bus even though I was panting heavily for the first 10 minutes in it.

I slept almost all the way through the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment