Monday, December 27, 2010

The Goal


"Two road diverges in the woods and I took the one less travelled by"

I believe that for everything we do, we must have an objective. For this trip, my immediate objective was to get out of this dead town. Madison is silent as the dead in the winter. I was here the whole of winter break last year and I am not inclining to repeat that experience again. But getting out of a place is more of a reason rather than an objective.

After giving it some thoughts, I find myself an actual objective - a more decent goal. My goal is to visit a friend who is living in Maryland. Nama dia Ashraf and we were roommates back in INTEC.

Also, I have a secondary goal, which is, to take a lot of pictures along the way. I haven't been doing photography for a very long time. That is because of the limited time, money and convenience the moment I arrive here in Madison. I thought I might give photography another shot.

I'll be using my point-and-shoot I had since secondary school. It's a 5 years old panasonic DMC-FX9. Mind you, 5 years old is very old for a camera. It only takes a 512MB memory card at best, which means it can store only around 300 photos at one time. Oh this is gonna be a challenge.

My aim for this journey is to meet new people, see new places, overcome whatever obstacles that immerges, putting my traveling skill to the test, and learn something about how to be a better traveller. And above all, to arrive at my destination safely. Insyaallah. :)

-one hour to departure

No comments:

Post a Comment