This is the first of the few times I'll be riding with Megabus.
My bus riding experience haven't got better since the last one. The bus was schedule to pick up at Amtrak Station, Milwaukee. Now this part is a little confusing. I was hanging out at Milwaukee International Station (MKE) 2 hours before the scheduled departure. Nearing 11:30pm departure time, I was happily and comfortably hanging out in the super cool transit station updating my Facebook and blog (you can see I abruptly stopped in the las post). In the midst of the rush packing my laptop and making a quick pitstop to the lou, something strike as of the odd. I see no sight of Megabus in the parkway next to the station and it was 11:15pm. Usually, a bus should have been at the pick-up point 20 minutes earlier. I have a feeling that something is not right. I paced down to the counter and waited on the line where a man was talking to the personnel lady. They were having the slowest conversation on earth. I was stomping around in the line. Finally, I gave up waiting and start to walk away to find somebody who might know. I saw a custodian manning his 'floor zambodi' and wave to get his attention. I asked him and he instantly understand my situation. He pointed me towards the northeastern gate. There I saw a glimpse of a bus parked across the parking lot. I bet that custodian came across people like me all the time, the ones who fail to find Megabus's pick-up point. I hasted towards the bus because looking at the time I've wasted standing in line, the bus could take off any minute. And I am chasing after a bus yet again. Meh.
So to those who are reading this and happen to be riding a Megabus at Milwaukee, the bus is on the northeastern side of the Amtrak Station. It is sort of in front of the post office next to the station.
Though it was really a elaborately frustrating experience, the bus itself is pretty sweet. It's double decker and most importantly, it have power socket on every seat. OMG! This is the first time I get on a bus to find that you can plug in your whatever-kind-of-electronics at the convenient of your seat. How cool is that? Admit it, it's pretty sweet. I don't know how they do it.
Because of that, all the people in the bus seems to utilize it to the fullest. Some charge their phone and some jack in their laptop adapter and watch a movie. I saw this one dude have his laptop on and plays solitaire. Must've been bored.
I didn't sleep on this ride at all.
No comments:
Post a Comment