Today it rains, twice. And because of the climate change, the buds and leaflet starting to germinate. THe streets are turning green. It is a wonderful feeling. If you are walking down the street, you can feel with all your senses that today is different from yesterday. It is such a refreshing day.
As a result from rise in temperature and rain, mist was form. This evening, the whole town was veiled by a fairly thick fog. It was like a ghost town. Yet, it is an awesome sight. You can see the lake like vanishes from your sight.
Because my Mac is already in good health, today I need to return the borrowed Mac to the computer lab. Inconveniently, the computer lab is halfway across the campus because last time I was trying to borrow a Mac, it was only available at that lab. To add to the challenge, the rear wheel of my bike was punctured earlier today. Seems like I am having a bad streak again. Meh.
So I went there by foot (and by foot I mean I took the bus half way of the trip). After returning the machine, I notice how nice it was outside, even though it was around 7. I decided to walk all the way back. I took the path next to the lake that will bring me through the lake front near Memorial Union. It was a nice and interesting time to take a walk, mist at sunset. I even snapped a couple of picture.
However, most of the picture did not turn out as I expected. I snapped some sceneries of the lake banks and views of people hanging out on a pier. I was hoping to it would turned out to be sort of mystifying and enthralling scenery because of the mist. However, Elf was design to capture the best combination of lighting and contrast on its auto mode. The picture turned weird. Maybe some post editing will save the picture from being wasted.
I don't blame Elf. This is expected from using auto mode. Then again, I am not that good if given a full manual camera.
Got home and found out we are having fried fish for dinner again. It had been three days in a row. I do not hate fish, I just get loya with it after a couple of days. That is why I like chicken.
Nevertheless, last night I was bored from studying for statistics exam, I went out on my way and try to prepare something I never did before. I figure what would go along great with fish. I know that I do not like fish that much so I start to think what kind of other seafood that I like. The first thing came to my mind was unagi kabayaki. Drooooool. :L I almost jizzed in my pants.
I can't remember the last time I had them. I usually have them whenever the family went out to eat at the Sushi King joint, but so far, I tried at a couple of other different places and all of them were good. I really had fallen in love with this japanese cuisine since like the past decade.
Then an idea popped in my head. Since I love unagi kabayaki so much, why don't I tried to make the sauce to eat with the fish. Then, almost instantly, I went on the internet and googled for the recipe. Turned out, after much research, the recipe were really simple. I even almost got all the ingredient. I was delighted and hopeful.
Without much thought, I went out to the store and find the missing ingredient. It was 9 pm by the way. I was really determined that I was able to look for it at four different convenient stores before I found it. DETERMINATION MAX! *insert picture of Monta giving thumbs up here*
Later I got home and prepared the condiment. It is really simple. I can even show you right here:
Kabayaki Sauce
.........................................................................................
4 parts soya sauce
4 parts mirin (I used apple juice instead)
1 or 2 parts sugar
.........................................................................................
Mix the ingredients in a sauce pan until even.
Use extremely low ember to simmer the mixture.
Be careful not to burn the soya sauce.
Remove from fire when it is thicken to the consistency you like.
Otherwise, you can use corn starch to help thickening it.
Let it cool.
.........................................................................................
I did not try it on the fish last night because I had eaten and already full before I even started thinking of preparing the kabayaki sauce. So, I stored it in one of the peanut butter glass jar I have lying around and keep in in the fridge.
Today, I tried it on the fish and let me tell you, IT WAS GOOD. I do not even kidding. I am not that much of a cook, but this my friend, was good. It really tasted like the kabayaki sauce I had in Sushi King. Or even if it was a placebo effect, I really did enjoyed it. I eat one and a half of fish (the half was from yesterday. I stopped eating because I went loya) of fish today. It was yummy! :D
In somewhat exaggerated way, I felt really proud of myself. I manage to prepare something that I really like and really enjoyed it. I felt self sufficient. Hahaha.
Off to statistics revision, with Pokemon episode playing on my monitor of course. (I am at episode 627 by the way)
Syazwi Mazli found his remedy in the form of japanese condiment that day.
No comments:
Post a Comment