Thursday, May 05, 2011
Funnnneeeeeeeyst Professor Ever
I slept late last night. Probably somewhere around 2 am. The reason why because I was hooked to Portal 2, which I managed to finish the single player mode just within 3 hour. Oh yeah baby. There's the co-op mode which I am dying to try out but I think I am gonna save it after the exam (or at least I think I would).
One cool think about Portal 2 is that it is the first ever cross platform online game out there. Let me explain that quickly. Multi platform means I can be played in several platform in Portal 2 case, XBox 360, PS3, PC and Mac. Being cross platform online game mean that I can play the game online from my Mac with Shafiq on his PS3. How cool is that? It really is revolutionary. You can play from whatever platform or console you have with everyone else. But for whatever reason, XBox 360 cannot play with PS3.
Today is a rather busy day than usually. I have the last midterm for my Physics class and tomorrow is the formal presentation for my writing class. I am more worried about the later one. I hope it'll goes well. And today is my turn to cook. I think I am just going to make beef porridge because I don't feel like spending much time in the kitchen. Why? Because I am busy as a bee. Bee bee bee bee! (If bee is a pokemon, this is what it would say)
The class I have before my Physics midterm today was Stats class. Stat's final is going to be a week from tomorrow so the professor spent the class time reviewing all the chapters learnt during the semester. So far I think I got my ass covered because I seldom skip this class.
What I want to tell you is how unique this class is. This is the only class I ever attend where the professor directly ask the students how they want the exams. It is so funny. He did this during the first two midterms and he asked us again today about how we want the final.
Among the things he asked was how many cheat sheets should be allowed for the exam. The first midterm, we asked for 2 pages of cheat sheet. Amusingly, he gave us 4 pages for it. Super generous. On the second midterm, he asked again and we ended up having 8 page of cheat sheets for the second midterm. LOL. Guess how many cheat sheets he allowed for the final. You may guess 12 pages, deduced from the linear relationship between 4 and 8. Or maybe you would have thought 16 since the cheat sheet of the second midterm was twice as much as the first one, so would the third one should be twice as much as the second one as well. Your answers may just be correct either way.
But you know what the professor said. 24 pages. LOL. 24 freaking pages! Hahaha. Everybody was laughing their ass off. I was like, WTH. I do not know what exactly went through his mind. May be he was making fun of us like, "You silly students, I don't care how many cheat sheets you'll bring, I am gonna make this test hard as hell so that nobody would pass them." (Imagine this in Shaytard's voice). Or may be that's just him and his belief with respect to education and examinations. But again, funnnnneyyyy as hell!
Other questions he would ask before any midterms or exam would be how many questions should there be. As evidence from previous two midterms, we settled at 4 questions for the first midterm and 5 questions for the second midterm. This time however, the class splits between 7 questions and 8 questions. We take a vote by raising hands and amazingly, the count appears to be equal. The professor then try to deduce some reasoning to maybe convince the class to agree on either 7 or 8. After about 10-15 minutes of unorganized class discussion, somebody in the middle of the class shouted. "Let's do 7 questions and 1 sudoku puzzle."
LOL. XD That just made my day.
Syazwi Mazli was having the best Statistics class that day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment