Today is one of the day on the final week of class and suddenly I have the urge to play portal 2 (yes, in the middle of final week). Currently my mac is dead and is going through reincarnation ritual which may take another 7-10 days. I am relying solely on the borrowed white mac from the library. one thing awesome about the university, you get to borrow mac laptops from the library and most of them are macbookpro7,1, the latest version released like 6 month ago. Pretty darn impressive i must admit.
Anyway, I currently am borrowing the macbook white from College Library. however the spec is not good enough to support portal 2. I know that I need a macbook pro to run this baby so I set a mission to get one. In the afternoon, I spied that Memorial Union have a macbook pro available. Knowing that people borrow laptop like crazy during this time of the semester, I swiftly made my way there. I managed to be the first in line. However, they mac is not ready for check out yet. You see, the university have this procedure of resetting the mac right after it is being return. Much like circulating books in the library. It usually take somewhere from 30 minutes or up to an hour, which in this case it did. I was really committed that I am willing to wait for it. So I did.
The story doesn't end there. Remember that I said that I am currently borrowing the white mac? Yes. There seems to be a problem with that. According to the university policy, a student may not borrow more than one laptops at a time which means I cannot borrow this macbook pro without returning the white mac. To make matter worse, you cannot chop chop the mac when they are resetting it. There is no waiting list. You have to physically be there to be next in line. So if go and return the white machine, someone may step in and be the next in line. It really is a gamble to leave Memorial Union to return the white mac at College Library. If someone was there when I am going, I am done. I'll be clinically depressed and will starve myself to death tonight. I need my Portal 2!
After several moment of deep pondering, I've decided. I am trying my luck by running as fast I can back and forth from where I am and where I suppose to return the white mac. I sincerely pray that nobody will step in when I was running my ass off back and forth. Time time macam ni la aku rajin berdoa. haha.
So it was decided. I need to ran. Fast.
I ran as fast as I can. I went up the stairs, through the door, across the road, across the courtyard, through several doors, up four flight of tall ass stairs and into the library, all the while with a laptop back hanged over my shoulder. I ran faster than the train. Even train was not as fast as I was. Maybe somewhere need the speed of Marshawn Lynch. I can even knocked down a brick wall if it's one the way. It was funny. And ridiculous. I was running while choking the grip handle of the laptop bag, flailing it back and forth as I ran. It was like "what la this kid is doing?" I was running like my life depend on it. That is how bad I want to play Portal 2.
Then, I ran back to the Memorial Union at the speed of light. At least that is what I perceived how it went. I got there and.....
(suspend builds up)
guess what happened?
K, I'll tell. This time it was a happy ending. Nobody was there. I got the mac. I returned home and download the game. By night time, everything was up and running. I played Portal 2 for a couple of hours before decided that studying is more important. Ultimately, my disease is cured.
Syazwi Mazli was a happy boy that day.
No comments:
Post a Comment