Monday, May 09, 2011

Hard Work Paid Off

I had my macroeconomics paper early this morning. I am so relief. Done with my economics for my whole undergraduate career. I pretty much did well on the paper. Felt good about it.

Though I did not spent much time revising it. To be honest, I spent most of these past few days, including last night, solving puzzle/olympiad questions. While watching pokemon episodes of course. Somehow I got hooked with olympiad again. And I bought a new puzzle book, which by the way is awesome.

Because of that I only got to revise economics a couple of hours before the exam. Well, to say the least, it helps to pay attention during class and self revision after every class. That is my new studying style I am developing. I am not much of a believer in "final sprint" studying style anymore, where, you know, you only start revising a couple of weeks before the exam.

In severe cases where I used to have, I was clueless about some part of the course/subject the whole semester until the "final sprint". That was back in high school and I was not happy with it. One thing, it's a torture. Another is that it is kind of sad that I was showing proper respect towards the knowledge. I always feel bad at the end of every semester when that happened. Even though sometimes I aced the course, I still feel guilty because I was not appreciating the knowledge. All that seems to matter to me was the grade. And that is something I found worth spending time fixing.

A good friend once wrote this on a card to me: "Knowledge is the greatest gift." So I decided to try this new style out, which so far, is working great for me. I am more calm and relaxed during final week and I have time to do things I like. Like tackling olympiad questions and watching pokemon. :D Though I showed little interest in economics, I felt that I did well in the test. I will update the result later.

Today I received a letter from MARA. And guess what, it's a good news! It is my reimbursement for the exam FM registration fee. You see, exam FM is one of the ten professional actuarial examinations. MARA have a policy that allows their students to reimburse registration fee for those examinations if they passed it. And guess what again, I passed it! Ok, this may be yesterday's new but I am quite proud of this accomplishment. I passed with quite a flying color. Also, a lot of people who were in my prep class passed it too, so I ought to be happy that I passed too. So yeah, hooray! Hard work really pays off.

Pad day, pay day!

Syazwi Mazli was feeling good about his academical belief that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment