Wednesday, September 28, 2011
Daily Facade
Some days, I woke up in the morning
pulling away my thick blanket
and dusting off the somnolence away.
My mind started to wander:
What, today have in store for me?
Who, today I shall crossed path with?
Where, today's journey will take me?
How, today would end?
I smile upon all the remarkable possibilities that I was presented upon.
A wonderful gift that is life.
Then came the icky black clouds over my head.
Pouring inside of me like the rain overflowing the inside of a garbage can.
Will there be more destruction of the planet today?
Will there be more people suffering today?
Will good triumph over evil today?
Will justice be served today?
I sighed deeply.
I got up from my resting place
lumbering towards the window,
pulled up the veil
and put my daily facade on.
Then I smiled to the world and say:
"Good morning world"
Syazwi Mazli was feeling particularly ponderous while pondering about life that day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment